The Arbor Networks, leader in the production of anti-DDOS decisions, published “7th Annual Worldwide Infrastructure Security Report” (full text).
Key topics of the report are
– Ideologically-motivated ‘Hacktivism’ and Vandalism Are the Most Readily-identified DDoS Attack Motivations
– Large Volumetric DDoS Attacks Are the ‘New Normal’
– Increase in the Sophistication and Complexity of Layer-7 and Multi-Vector DDoS Attacks
– First-Ever IPv6 DDoS Attacks ‘in the Wild’ on Production Networks Are Reported
– Visibility and Security of Mobile/Fixed Wireless Networks Remains Uncertain
– Trust Issues Across Geographic Boundaries are Prevalent